The XML 1.0 Standard (5th Edition)
by W3C XML Working Group
Paperback (6"x9"), 124 pages. Out of print - copies may still be available from some bookstores.
About the Book
This manual is a printed edition of the Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 standard (Fifth Edition) from the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) in easy-to-read paperback format. It also includes the Namespaces in XML 1.0 specification (Third Edition) and XML Information Set (Second Edition).
All these standards can be freely implemented in any software without payment of licensing fees.
You can examine the contents of the printed book here,
- View sample pages (individual pages in image format)
- View sample in PDF (contents and selected pages, 180 kB)
For each copy of this manual sold, Network Theory Ltd will donate $1 to support the development of freely-redistributable XML-related software.
As of August 2014 the total amount donated is $113 from the sale of this and other W3C standards.
The standards in this book are freely redistributable, under the terms of the W3C Document License.
This title is now out of print but you may still be able to obtain copies from some bookstores.
- Barnes & Noble.com - USA / International
- The Book Depository.com - USA / International
- Powells.com - USA / International
- Amazon.com - USA / International (note)
- The Book Depository.co.uk - United Kingdom / Europe / International
- Amazon.co.uk - United Kingdom / Europe / International (note)
- Waterstones.com - UK / Europe / International
- Bookzilla.de - Germany / Europe
If you require further assistance, please send an email to email@example.com.
- The XPath 2.0 Standard by W3C XSL/XML Query Working Groups (ISBN 978-1-906966-01-0)
- The Python Language Reference Manual (version 3.2) by G. van Rossum, F. Drake, Jr. (ISBN 978-1-906966-14-0)
- PostgreSQL 9.0 Reference Manual - Volume 1A by PostgreSQL Global Development Group (ISBN 978-1-906966-04-1)
For questions about this book, please use our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- Publisher's Preface
- Notes for this printed edition
- Part I - Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fifth Edition)
- Part II - Namespaces in XML 1.0 (Third Edition)
- Part III - XML Information Set (Second Edition)
- XML 1.0 (Fifth Edition) Specification - normative electronic version of the standard at W3C