GNU Octave Manual Version 3
by John W. Eaton, David Bateman, Søren Hauberg
Paperback (6"x9"), 568 pages
About the Book
This manual is the definitive guide to GNU Octave, an interactive environment for numerical computation.
The manual covers the new version 3 of GNU Octave.
The main author of this manual, John W. Eaton, is the original developer of GNU Octave.
You can examine the contents of the printed book here,
- View sample pages (individual pages in image format)
- View sample in PDF (contents and selected pages, 250 kB)
For each copy of this manual sold $1 is donated to the GNU Octave Development Fund.
As of January 2013 the amount donated is $4,628 (from this and the previous edition).
This book is freely redistributable, under a license that permits copying and modification.
You can buy the book online at the following bookstores:
- Barnes & Noble.com - USA / International
- The Book Depository.com - USA / International
- Powells.com - USA / International
- Amazon.com - USA / International (note)
- The Book Depository.co.uk - United Kingdom / Europe / International
- Amazon.co.uk - United Kingdom / Europe / International (note)
- Waterstones.com - UK / Europe / International
- Bookzilla.de - Germany / Europe
- Pothi.com - India
The manual can also be ordered from most physical bookstores using the ISBN number.
Print out the following flyer for detailed bookstore and library ordering information,
If the title is listed as "out-of-stock", please ask the bookstore to place an order with one of the wholesale suppliers given in the flyer.
If you encounter any difficulties in obtaining this book, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason we will gladly issue a full refund or replacement (details).
- GNU Scientific Library Reference Manual - Third Edition (v1.12) by M. Galassi, et al. (ISBN 0-9546120-7-8)
- An Introduction to R - the R tutorial by W.N. Venables, et al. (ISBN 0-9546120-8-6)
- The R Reference Manual - Volume 1 - Base Package by R Development Core Team (ISBN 978-1-906966-09-6)
- The R Reference Manual - Volume 2 - Graphics by R Development Core Team (ISBN 978-1-906966-10-2)
- The R Reference Manual - Volume 3 - Statistics by R Development Core Team (ISBN 978-1-906966-11-9)
- The R Reference Manual - Volume 4 - Methods and Tools by R Development Core Team (ISBN 978-1-906966-12-6)
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay informed about this and other titles.
For questions about this book, please use our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- Publisher's Preface
- A Brief Introduction to Octave
- Getting Started
- Data Types
- Numeric Data Types
- Data Containers
- Functions and Script Files
- Errors and Warnings
- Input and Output
- Matrix Manipulation
- Linear Algebra
- Nonlinear Equations
- Sparse Matrices
- Numerical Integration
- Differential Equations
- Polynomial Manipulations
- Signal Processing
- Image Processing
- Audio Processing
- System Utilities
- Books from the publisher
- GNU Octave Manual - Version 2.0 (March 2002, ISBN 0954161726)