|Valgrind 3.3 - Advanced Debugging and Profiling for GNU/Linux applications|
by J. Seward, N. Nethercote, J. Weidendorfer and the Valgrind Development Team
Paperback (6"x9"), 164 pages
RRP £12.95 ($19.95)
6.3 cg_annotate options
- ‘-h, --help’ ‘-v, --version’ Help and version, as usual.
- ‘--sort=A,B,C’ [default: order in ‘cachegrind.out.<pid>’] Specifies the events upon which the sorting of the function-by-function entries will be based. Useful if you want to concentrate on e.g. I cache misses (‘--sort=I1mr,I2mr’), or D cache misses (‘--sort=D1mr,D2mr’), or L2 misses (‘--sort=D2mr,I2mr’).
- ‘--show=A,B,C’ [default: all, order from ‘cachegrind.out.<pid>’] Specifies which events to show (and the column order). Default is to use all present in the ‘cachegrind.out.<pid>’ file (and use the order in the file).
- ‘--threshold=X’ [default: 99%] Sets the threshold for the function-by-function summary. Functions are shown that account for more than X% of the primary sort event. If auto-annotating, also affects which files are annotated. Note: thresholds can be set for more than one of the events by appending any events for the ‘--sort’ option with a colon and a number (no spaces, though). E.g. if you want to see the functions that cover 99% of L2 read misses and 99% of L2 write misses, use this option: ‘--sort=D2mr:99,D2mw:99’
- ‘--auto=no’ [default] ‘--auto=yes’ When enabled, automatically annotates every file that is mentioned in the function-by-function summary that can be found. Also gives a list of those that couldn't be found.
- ‘--context=N’ [default: 8] Print N lines of context before and after each annotated line. Avoids printing large sections of source files that were not executed. Use a large number (e.g. 10,000) to show all source lines.
- ‘-I<dir>, --include=<dir>’ [default: empty string] Adds a directory to the list in which to search for files. Multiple -I/--include options can be given to add multiple directories.
|ISBN 0954612051||Valgrind 3.3 - Advanced Debugging and Profiling for GNU/Linux applications||See the print edition|