|The Org Mode 7 Reference Manual
by Carsten Dominik and others
Paperback (6"x9"), 282 pages
RRP £9.95 ($14.95)
Sales of this book support the Org project! Get a printed copy>>>
7.5.2 Using column view
- Turning column view on and off
- C-c C-x C-c
Turn on column view. If the cursor is before the first headline in the file,
column view is turned on for the entire file, using the
#+COLUMNSdefinition. If the cursor is somewhere inside the outline, this command searches the hierarchy, up from point, for a
:COLUMNS:property that defines a format. When one is found, the column view table is established for the tree starting at the entry that contains the
:COLUMNS:property. If no such property is found, the format is taken from the
#+COLUMNSline or from the variable
org-columns-default-format, and column view is established for the current entry and its subtree.
- Recreate the column view, to include recent changes made in the buffer.
- Same as r.
- Exit column view.
- Editing values
- left right up down
- Move through the column view from field to field.
- Switch to the next/previous allowed value of the field. For this, you have to have specified allowed values for a property.
- Directly select the Nth allowed value, 0 selects the 10th value.
- n / p
- Same as S-left/right
- Edit the property at point. For the special properties, this will invoke the same interface that you normally use to change that property. For example, when editing a TAGS property, the tag completion or fast selection interface will pop up.
- C-c C-c
- When there is a checkbox at point, toggle it.
- View the full value of this property. This is useful if the width of the column is smaller than that of the value.
- Edit the list of allowed values for this property. If the list is found in the hierarchy, the modified values is stored there. If no list is found, the new value is stored in the first entry that is part of the current column view.
- Modifying the table structure
- < / >
- Make the column narrower/wider by one character.
- Insert a new column, to the left of the current column.
- Delete the current column.
|ISBN 9781906966089||The Org Mode 7 Reference Manual||See the print edition|