|The Org Mode 7 Reference Manual
by Carsten Dominik and others
Paperback (6"x9"), 282 pages
RRP £9.95 ($14.95)
Sales of this book support the Org project! Get a printed copy>>>
14.4 Extracting source code
Creating pure source code files by extracting code from source blocks is
referred to as “tangling”---a term adopted from the literate programming
community. During “tangling” of code blocks their bodies are expanded
org-babel-expand-src-block which can expand both variable and
“noweb” style references (see section 14.10 Noweb reference syntax).
- The default. The code block is not included in the tangled output.
- Include the code block in the tangled output. The output file name is the name of the org file with the extension ‘.org’ replaced by the extension for the block language.
- Include the code block in the tangled output to file ‘filename’.
- Tangle the current file. Bound to C-c C-v t.
- Choose a file to tangle. Bound to C-c C-v f.
This hook is run from within code files tangled by
org-babel-tangle. Example applications could include post-processing, compilation or evaluation of tangled code files.
|ISBN 9781906966089||The Org Mode 7 Reference Manual||See the print edition|