|The Org Mode 7 Reference Manual
by Carsten Dominik and others
Paperback (6"x9"), 282 pages
RRP £9.95 ($14.95)
Sales of this book support the Org project! Get a printed copy>>>
10 Agenda views
Due to the way Org works, TODO items, time-stamped items, and tagged headlines can be scattered throughout a file or even a number of files. To get an overview of open action items, or of events that are important for a particular date, this information must be collected, sorted and displayed in an organized way.
Org can select items based on various criteria and display them in a separate buffer. Seven different view types are provided:
- an agenda that is like a calendar and shows information for specific dates,
- a TODO list that covers all unfinished action items,
- a match view, showings headlines based on the tags, properties, and TODO state associated with them,
- a timeline view that shows all events in a single Org file, in time-sorted view,
- a text search view that shows all entries from multiple files that contain specified keywords,
- a stuck projects view showing projects that currently don't move along, and
- custom views that are special searches and combinations of different views.
The extracted information is displayed in a special agenda buffer. This buffer is read-only, but provides commands to visit the corresponding locations in the original Org files, and even to edit these files remotely.
Two variables control how the agenda buffer is displayed and whether the
window configuration is restored when the agenda exits:
|ISBN 9781906966089||The Org Mode 7 Reference Manual||See the print edition|