|GNU Scientific Library Reference Manual - Third Edition (v1.12)|
by M. Galassi, J. Davies, J. Theiler, B. Gough, G. Jungman, P. Alken, M. Booth, F. Rossi
Paperback (6"x9"), 592 pages, 60 figures
RRP £24.95 ($39.95)
21.14 2D Histogram allocation
The functions for allocating memory to a 2D histogram follow the style
free. In addition they also perform their
own error checking. If there is insufficient memory available to
allocate a histogram then the functions call the error handler (with
an error number of
GSL_ENOMEM) in addition to returning a null
pointer. Thus if you use the library error handler to abort your program
then it isn't necessary to check every 2D histogram
- Function: gsl_histogram2d * gsl_histogram2d_alloc (size_t nx, size_t ny)
- This function allocates memory for a two-dimensional histogram with
nx bins in the x direction and ny bins in the y direction.
The function returns a pointer to a newly created
gsl_histogram2dstruct. If insufficient memory is available a null pointer is returned and the error handler is invoked with an error code of
GSL_ENOMEM. The bins and ranges must be initialized with one of the functions below before the histogram is ready for use.
- Function: int gsl_histogram2d_set_ranges (gsl_histogram2d * h, const double xrange, size_t xsize, const double yrange, size_t ysize)
- This function sets the ranges of the existing histogram h using the arrays xrange and yrange of size xsize and ysize respectively. The values of the histogram bins are reset to zero.
- Function: int gsl_histogram2d_set_ranges_uniform (gsl_histogram2d * h, double xmin, double xmax, double ymin, double ymax)
- This function sets the ranges of the existing histogram h to cover the ranges xmin to xmax and ymin to ymax uniformly. The values of the histogram bins are reset to zero.
- Function: void gsl_histogram2d_free (gsl_histogram2d * h)
- This function frees the 2D histogram h and all of the memory associated with it.
|ISBN 0954612078||GNU Scientific Library Reference Manual - Third Edition (v1.12)||See the print edition|