|Version Management with CVS - the CVS manual|
by Per Cederqvist et al.
Paperback (6"x9"), 216 pages, 8 figures
RRP £19.95 ($29.95)
7.4.2 Moving the history file
This method is more dangerous, since it involves moving files inside the repository. Read this entire section before trying it out!
$ cd $CVSROOT/dir $ mv old,v new,v
- The log of changes is maintained intact.
- The revision numbers are not affected.
- Old releases cannot easily be fetched from the repository. (The file will show up as new even in revisions from the time before it was renamed).
- There is no log information of when the file was renamed.
- Nasty things might happen if someone accesses the history file while you are moving it. Make sure no one else runs any of the CVS commands while you move it.
|ISBN 0954161718||Version Management with CVS - the CVS manual||See the print edition|