The R Reference Manual - Base Package - Volume 2
by: The R Development Core Team
Hardback (6"x9"), 704 pages. Out of print - copies may still be available from some bookstores.
About the Book
This manual is the second volume of the complete reference manual for the base package of GNU R, a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. The commands for graphics, mathematics, distributions and random numbers, models, time-series and datasets are described in this volume.
All the reference manuals are written by the developers of R, and represent the definitive guide to the software. The manuals explain the use of each command in detail, with references, implementation notes and examples. Every volume includes a comprehensive index of entries listed by keyword and topic.
Together the first and second volumes document the complete base package of R (version 1.8.1). Note: both volumes are needed for the complete documentation (see the "Related Titles" section below for a link to the other volume).
This manual is bound in hardback for durability, making it ideal for libraries.
You can examine the contents of the printed book here,
- View sample pages (individual pages in image format)
- View sample in PDF (contents and selected pages, 180 kB)
For each set of manuals sold (volumes 1 & 2) $10 is donated to the R Foundation.
As of December 2009 the total amount donated to the R Foundation is $5,970.
This book is freely redistributable, under a license that permits copying and modification.
This title is now out of print but you may still be able to obtain copies from some bookstores.
- Barnes & Noble.com - USA / International
- The Book Depository.com - USA / International
- Powells.com - USA / International
- Amazon.com - USA / International (note)
- The Book Depository.co.uk - United Kingdom / Europe / International
- Amazon.co.uk - United Kingdom / Europe / International (note)
- Waterstones.com - UK / Europe / International
- Bookzilla.de - Germany / Europe
If you require further assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The R Reference Manual - Base Package - Volume 1 by R Development Core Team (ISBN 0-9546120-0-0)
- An Introduction to R - the R tutorial by W.N. Venables, et al. (ISBN 0-9546120-8-6)
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay informed about this and other titles.
For questions about this book, please use our email address email@example.com.
Table of Contents
- Base package - Graphics
- Base package - Math
- Base package - Distributions and Random Numbers
- Base package - Models
- Base package - Dates, Time and Time-series
- Base package - Datasets